Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let me introduce Sara Nicole-------

Wow... I am terrible at keeping up with this blog.

It's time for me to introduce my second born... Sara Nicole.

She came into the world as a total surprise. We have no "accidents" in our family but we do have two "surprises" and Sara was the first.  Her dad had just gotten out of the Marine Corps. We actually found out Sara was coming on the same day we found out he got a job.

From the very beginning, Sara was a handful. She never wanted to sleep. I also had a two year old running me ragged. And her daddy was working full time and going to school full time. So a few naps here and there would have been wonderful. But no such luck.

Sara was always in awe of her big sister.  If I had a nickel for every time Molly said "She's COPYING me again!".  I had many chances to discuss how imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Sara was a Daddy's girl. She would light up as soon as he walked in. I spent the first years feeling like I was just there to feed her and keep her occupied until her favorite parent got home.  Some days it made me sad, but most days it was adorable.

As Sara started growing her independence also grew.  This girl has always walked to the beat of her very own drummer.  I never did her hair because she had a way she wanted to do it herself. And she would come downstairs in the most interesting outfits. Yet she would own it in such a way that we never questioned it.

We used to call her the "peacemaker" in our family. Such is the state of a middle child. But whenever she did finally lose it... look out.

There is a period of time that is such a blur for me. A time when it was a struggle to just put one foot in front of the other. I ache because I know that this really effected my babies.  But it was probably during this time that I started seeing how alike Sara and I actually are.  Since she was now a teen I was bracing myself... remembering my own teen years.

Fast forward a bit--- Sara is a phenomenal young woman.  She has rebuilt a relationship with her beloved daddy and I am proud of her for being able to do that.  She felt the force of natural consequences and still graduated from high school with fantastic grades.  She still carries that amazing sense of style.  She is freakingly gorgeous (I LOVE when people say we look alike- best compliment EVER).  She has a sweet, giving spirit that isn't always obvious.

She is still the peacemaker in the family. And this family is lacking peace... all too often.  I pray for that burden to release her.  And I strive to do what I can to alleviate my contribution(s) to any lack of peace.

Sara is amazing at anything and everything she attempts.  That is a trait my children got from their father.

Sara still adores her big sister. She is the best of friends with her brother. And an fantastic big sister to her baby sister.

Sara is wise for her years. She hates when I say this but I believe it will be hard for her to find her soul mate for awhile because her beauty, intelligence, and humor, scare boys away.  It will take a man that is very secure in his own skin to "get" her and be able to give what she wants & needs.

In the end, I am grateful for this sweet girl that in the beginning I thought only wanted me for breast milk.  She still rarely sleeps. But when she falls asleep in my bed I love watching her sweet face and thinking about all she will accomplish.


I have to include some photos!

BFF's


Best aunt EVER.






No comments:

Post a Comment